Author & Publisher
Logline Media helps writers and publishers through every part of the publishing process. Our team has an extensive background in craft and publishing. Our goal is to help writers maneuver through the publishing industry. Our services range from writing workshops to editing, to full book design, marketing, and publicity. We work with writers and publishers to develop a plan that will produce a manuscript that appeals to gatekeepers and ultimately get the beautifully finished book into readers’ hands.
The Intersection of Craft and Publishing
- Vanity presses (author pays to publish)
- Local presses
- University presses
- Small presses
- Medium presses
- A Big 5 press
- Imprint of a Big 5 press
Each type of press offers varying levels of advances, editing, design, print quality, rights sales, publishing time, and distribution. These are extremely important aspects when considering the life of your book. Logline will help you make these decisions.
Marketing & Publicity
We help authors write and pitch professionally designed press kits to media, influencers, reviewers, and awards. A publicity campaign usually begins six months before publication and lasts anywhere from a few months to a year after publication. Campaigns consist of:
- A marketing plan
- Social media content
- Setting up author websites
- Press kits
- Creating media lists
- Writing media pitches
- Pitching to media and influencers
- Pitching to awards
- Pitching to book reviewers.
- Upload pre-pub digital proofs on websites such as Netgalley and Edelweiss Above the Treeline so that educators, reviewers, librarians, and journalists can track upcoming publications.
- Setting up author appearances such as readings, podcasts, guest blog posts, interviews, blog tours and more.